We understand that the privacy of you and your employees is important and that you value the way your data is used and shared. We respect the privacy of everyone who visits our website and uses our services. Awaretrain is committed to respecting, securing and protecting privacy and data. We also want to be transparent about what data we collect and how we handle this data.
Our Privacy Statement provides you with information about what data we collect, what we do with this data, how we ensure privacy is safeguarded, and your rights regarding your data.
Awaretrain, located at Kerkenbos 1053K in (6546 BB) Nijmegen, Chamber of Commerce number 68933886, is responsible for the processing and storage of your personal data. Awaretrain respects the privacy of the persons about whom it receives information and protects it through appropriate technical and organizational measures. Awaretrain complies with the law.
At Awaretrain we have an information security policy that ensures optimal protection of client-, employee- and company data. To guarantee this policy we make use of carefully drawn up safety procedures. With this we prevent unauthorised access to client-, employee- and company data or the damage or loss of these data. In addition, our entire business operations are ISO 27001 certified.
2. Processing of personal data
Awaretrain processes personal data because you use our services and / or because you provide them yourself. Awaretrain processes the following personal data:
- First and last name
- Email address
- IP address
- Telephone number
- Progress, results and department / team for the measurements and (online) training
Awaretrain processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- For the execution of the agreement
- Sending our newsletter
- To display targeted advertisements
- To be able to call or e-mail you if necessary to carry out our services
- To inform you about changes to our services and products
- For the purpose of an application procedure
- Personal data of employees, in the context of the employment contract and on the basis of legal bases
- If we are legally obliged to do so, such as information that we need for our tax return.
3. Cookies, or comparable techniques
Awaretrain uses functional, analytical and tracking cookies. A cookie is a small text file that is stored in the browser of your computer, tablet or smartphone when you first visit this website. These ensure that the website works properly and that, for example, your preferred settings are remembered. These cookies are also used to make the website work properly and to optimize it. In addition, we place cookies that can provide customized content and advertisements.
When you first visited our website, we already informed you about these cookies and asked for permission to place them. You can opt out of cookies by setting your internet browser so that it no longer stores cookies. In addition, you can also delete all information previously saved via your browser settings.
4. External processing
We do not share your personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside Awaretrain, except in any of the following circumstances.
- Provision of your personal data to third parties is permissible when it is necessary to fulfill our contractual obligations to you.
- With your permission, we can pass on your personal data to other parties. The permission only applies if it is clear what you give your permission for and what the consequences are.
- If a legal obligation requires us to do so, we will provide your personal data. Awaretrain makes arrangements with the recipients of your personal data to ensure that the personal data is treated confidentially and protected.
- We do not store your personal data longer than necessary, unless we have a legal obligation to store your personal data longer. Our basic principle is that we only keep personal data for as long as is necessary to provide you with our services.
5. Your rights
You have a number of legal rights against us:
- At your request, we will inform you in writing whether we are processing your personal data.
- In our response, we explain which personal data we have processed or are still processing and give you a copy of it. We also explain for what purposes the data has been or is being processed, with whom the data is shared, how long it is expected to be stored, and what other rights you can assert.
- You can request us to correct inaccuracies or to fill in incompletenesses.
- You can request us to delete your personal data in our systems in one or more of the following cases:
- The personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we have processed it;
- You withdraw your consent for (further) processing; and there is no other basis for processing;
- You submit a reasoned objection, and there are no compelling reasons not to honor your objection;
- The personal data has been unlawfully processed by us;
- We must delete your personal data on the basis of a legal obligation;
- We have collected your data through mobile telephony or internet services.
- If you have reported an inaccuracy or incompleteness in your personal data to us, you can request us to restrict processing as long as we are processing your request. You may also ask us to restrict the processing of your data if you believe that we are processing your data unlawfully or no longer need it, or if you have objected to (further) processing thereof. After receiving your request for restriction, we will only process the data after obtaining permission or for serious reasons (such as legal proceedings).
- If you have provided personal data to us in a structured, common digital file format, and we have processed your data with your permission or in the performance of an agreement with you, you have the right to request a copy of this data. In such cases, you can also ask us to forward your data directly to another service provider.
- You may object to the processing of personal data relating to you at any time. We will cease processing your data upon receipt of your objection, unless we can provide compelling legitimate reasons that override your interests, rights and freedoms. If we process your personal data for direct marketing purposes, you may object to this at any time and we will immediately cease processing.
If you want to make use of the listed rights, please contact us via the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. Awaretrain will make a decision at your request within 28 days, unless we let you know within that period that we need a little more time.
Are your personal data processed on the basis of your consent? Then you have the right to withdraw your consent. Any withdrawal of your consent does not affect previous processing based on it.
6. Questions or complaints?
If you have any questions or if you have the impression that your data is not properly secured or that there are indications of abuse, please contact our Security & Privacy Officer Barry Rokven via email@example.com. This privacy statement is in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation. We reserve the right to update this privacy statement periodically.
Do you have a complaint about the use of your personal data? Then we would like to point out the complaints procedure to the Dutch Data Protection Authority. This body is authorized to hear your complaint.